Tuesday 22 September 2009

Cantare by Isabella Moretti


Why ‘cantare’?
Because this word which already sings even when you speak it is a tribute to my Italian roots. Because, in my family, singing has always been part of any celebration. Because my father sang O sole mio like no one else!
After recording several ‘serious’ CDs, at least as far as the repertoire is concerned, I had long dreamt of a disc which would convey my joy in making the harp sing. The supreme desire of the musician: to join her own voice with that of her instrument!
Whether in the operatic paraphrases or the folksongs, my overriding wish was to find the instinctive, natural side of singing, where one’s pleasure is simple, spontaneous, the opposite of intellectual. Then it occurred to me that it would be wonderful to invite a ‘real’ singer to share some of these moments. I had been lucky enough to meet Felicity some years ago, and I naturally thought of her and her charisma. She immediately agreed, with the kindness and simplicity so typical of her, and together we chose works which would fit in with the spirit of this disc.
The recording was a moment of rare delight, full of gaiety and emotion. I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as we did making it!

Find out more info here.

No comments:

Post a Comment